2020 Job Opportunities
Join our team for the 2020 farm season! Please click on the links below for information about our job opportunities. Applications due February 15th!
(2) Full-Time Farm Hands – April/May – November 8th
Most days are spent working as a group or breaking off into smaller groups for specific jobs. Farm crew are expected to be able to work productively in a group and independently.
At the end of a season working for Harlequin. Employees will be proficient in the following skills:
- packing and grading for wholesale markets, CSA and Farmers’ Markets
- pruning, trellising, and grading tomatoes in both the field and high tunnel
- Farmers’ market sales and set-up
- harvest and post harvest prep of 20 different types of vegetables
- basic vegetable maintenance: weeding, moving irrigation pipe, cover crop mowing
- familiarization with vegetable production equipment: transplanter, barrel washer, flame weeder, driving box truck and large vehicle, and much more
Typical Work Week
Monday – harvest and pack for the wholesale and CSA
Tuesday – farm maintenance and harvest
Wednesday – CSA pack and distribution, farm maintenance
Thursday – harvest and pack for wholesale
Friday – harvest and prep from Clark Fork Market
Saturday – Clark Fork Farmers’ Market
Sunday – off
Who Should Apply
We are looking for individuals who have a strong work ethic, are eager to learn about farming, work hard, communicate effectively, think ahead, thrive working in a fast paced environment, and enjoy manual labor.